Boys and girls aged 11-16 are welcome to come along to the gig shed on Tuesday evenings at 5pm for our junior rowing session. You don’t have to book, just turn up and have a go!
These sessions are free. If your child would eventually like to join the club, junior membership is only £10 a year. For more information please email email@example.com.
There are races every weekend throughout the summer in which junior rowers can compete in their own category, and there are separate Under-14 and Under-16 championships in July and August every year.
Falmouth Gig Club has adopted the Child Protection procedure and guidelines drawn up by the Cornish Pilot Gig Association (CPGA).
Good Practice will ensure:
- The highest possible quality of training is provided
- The wellbeing and safety of all young members
- There are sufficient adults to supervise junior training who have the relevant qualifications and CRB checks
- All trainers have read, understand and follow the Child protection guidelines adopted by the club
- The club liaises with parents/carers to ensure the children’s welfare.